Privacy Notice: FTSE Women Leaders
Who we are
This work is being carried out by:
- the Equalities Hub, part of the Cabinet Office,
- the Department for Business & Trade (formerly BEIS),
- the Co-Chairs, CEO, project team, and Steering Group of the FTSE Women Leaders Review (the Review),
- KPMG UK LLP and Lloyds Banking Group PLC as joint sponsors and funders of technology and other costs relevant to the Review; and
- Honey Creative Ltd as a technology provider.
For the purposes of data protection legislation, the joint data controllers for the personal data processed as part of the FTSE Women Leaders are Government: Equalities Hub and Department for Business & Trade, and the Review should be considered a part of those joint controllers.
Why our use of your personal data is lawful
The FTSE Women Leaders is an independent, business-led review that is supported by the Government, with the aim of improving gender diversity in senior leadership. We need to contact companies directly in order to receive information about gender diversity in their senior leadership teams. Our lawful basis for processing this data is a public task, as outlined under Article 6.1 of the GDPR.
How we will use your information
We receive your personal data from the FTSE Women Leaders Review’s portal and are processing it to enable you to submit company-specific data on the number of men and women on both the Executive Committee and Direct Reports to the Executive Committee. For Private Companies only we collect data on the number of men and women Executives and Non-Executives on the Board. We need to contact companies directly in this way as the composition of FTSE 350 and Private Companies Executive Committees and Direct Reports to the Executive Committee is not publicly available information. This allows us to report accurately year-on-year on the progress of women’s representation in senior leadership positions. We will use your data to contact you if needed about the submission of your company’s gender diversity data and in regards to the FTSE Women Leaders Review.
The nature of your personal data we will be using
The categories of your personal data that we will be using for this project are: corporate contact details (names, job titles, telephone numbers, email addresses, and postal addresses) collected when registering on the FTSE Women Leaders portal during the “Register your Company” process or subsequent contacts via the query inbox at email@example.com. Data collected under Section Three of the Data Submission Form is non-sensitive personal data, comprising of the name and gender of the holder of key functional roles in FTSE companies.
Who we will make your personal data available to
Any personal information such as the contact name, email address, and telephone number will not be published and will remain confidential to the parties of the FTSE Women Leaders Review (see website for details).
How long we will keep your personal data
We will only keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purpose(s) of the predecessor Hampton-Alexander Review and the current Review, after which point it will be securely destroyed. In the event that further work is carried out following the Review’s conclusion and we need to contact you about this, we will update this privacy notice further.
Your data protection rights
You have the right:
- to ask us for access to information about you that we hold
- to have your personal data rectified, if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
- to restrict our processing of your personal data (i.e. permitting its storage but no further processing)
- to object to direct marketing (including profiling) and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
- not to be subject to decisions based purely on automated processing where it produces a legal or similarly significant effect on you
If you need to contact us regarding any of the above or have any questions regarding your personal information please do so via the following email address: Privacy.FTSEWLReview@cabinetoffice.gov.uk
Further information about your data protection rights appears on the Information Commissioner’s website at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/principle-6-rights/
Right to lodge a complaint
If you are unhappy with our use of your personal data, please contact us at Privacy.FTSEWLReview@cabinetoffice.gov.uk
Alternatively, you have the right to raise any concerns with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) via their website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
We may need to update this privacy notice periodically so we recommend that you revisit this information from time to time. This version was last updated on 11 August 2023.